Who we are
Mia Italian Kitchen is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We are committed to protecting your personal data and adheres to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when processing your personal data. This privacy notice outlines what personal data we collect from you through your interaction with our website www.mia-restaurant.co.uk. This Notice also outlines how we use your data.
Please read through the privacy notice to understand how Mia Italian Kitchen uses and protects the information obtained from those visiting and using its website and by participating in the other services we provide. If you have any concerns, please contact email@example.com or by call + 44 (0)0131 629 1750.
Through accessing our website and/or submitting an enquiry through the websites you are consenting to the collection, retention and use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
What data do we use?
- How you use the website and any other information you post, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
- Personal details (such as your name, e-mail) are only captured if you sign up to our email newsletter or use our contact form.
- IP address, operating system and browser type. This data provides us with information about users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Mia Italian Kitchen website. They do not cause your computer any harm nor do they identify you personally, they only identify the computer being used to access the site. The cookies obtain information in relation to your use of the website.
We use this information to help us monitor the use of our website and be able to then provide you with a better user experience by remembering how you like things displayed, measuring how you use the website, ensuring the website works properly and improving navigation.
Where does Mia Italian Kitchen keep my data?
- Our website is managed by WordPress with all data available via the Content Management System and stored on their secure server.
- If signed up to our newsletter, your personal details are stored securely on Mailchimp.
Will my personal data be shared with any other organisation/third parties and if so, why?
Mia Italian Kitchen will never share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties without seeking your prior consent.
Is my personal data safe?
Mia Italian Kitchen, in addition to our digital service partners (WordPress, Mailchimp) works hard to protect your personal data and aim to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
How can I stop Mia Italian Kitchen using my personal data for marketing purposes?
If you no longer wish to receive communication via our Email Newsletter and would like your personal data removed, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any email. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by call + 44 (0)0131 629 1750.
How long will you retain my personal data?
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or until such time that you withdraw your consent and exercise your right to request that we stop processing your personal data.
What are my rights to the personal data Mia Italian Kitchen holds about me?
We have summarised your rights below.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
Third Party Links
Mia Italian Kitchen’s website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. However, any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner.